|Property||Foxhall Resort and Sporting Club|
|Date Posted||October 18, 2018|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Douglasville, GA – The ideal candidate for the Sous Chef position will have a proven ability to help lead a culinary team under the guidance of an Executive Chef. He or she will have an upbeat, friendly, and gracious demeanor with an organized and flexible work style. This important position will be involved in all kitchen operations, a la carte restaurant, and banquet service.
For this role, you must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk or stand for extended periods of time, and be willing (and have the ability) to work holidays and weekends (including Sundays).
- Ensuring consistency and quality in preparation and presentation of all orders
- Maintaining safety, order, and sanitization of the kitchen operations
- Using proper food handling practices and procedures; being knowledgeable of and adhering to local, state, and federal health regulations
- Assisting with inventory control, food, and labor costs
- Assisting the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the culinary department and assisting in leadership of the department in his/her absence
- Complying with company policies
- Performing any other job-related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Culinary school graduate
- Two years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
- General knowledge of expense control as it relates to food cost, kitchen payroll, and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses
- Technical literacy, including Microsoft Office, payroll management, and point of sale systems
We offer a competitive salary based on level of experience and we cover the cost of uniforms. We also have an excellent benefit package including a comprehensive medical insurance program, vacation, and professional development.