|Location||Lake Forest, IL|
|Property||Deer Path Inn|
|Date Posted||May 6, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Lake Forest, IL- The server assistant is responsible for setting and clearing dining tables and stocking service stations in the hotel while continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: Essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: speak first, smile, eye contact, and engage in polite conversation (when time permits).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dining area, including all tables and chairs.
Restocks the dining room and side stations with tableware, flatware, utensils, condiments and linen.
- Always maintain adequate supplies in the side station when the restaurant is open.
- Prepare all beverage required for service, including coffee, iced tea and hot water.
- Greet guest after they are seated anytime.
- Reset tables with fresh linens and set the table according to the meal period.
- Pick up food from kitchen and bring to the side stations.
- Assist restaurant servers to serve the guest.
- Pour water and refill coffee and tea cups.
- During busy periods assist servers by serving food and beverages to guests.
- Perform outlet opening duties such as setting tables, chairs, Chef in dish or chafing dish, printing item / dish names for placing in front of the dishes.
- Cleaning side stations and stocking and replenishing side station supplies.
- Emptying and cleaning food preparation carts.
- Cleaning the coffee urn and the bread warmer.
- Returning soiled linens to the laundry.
- Collecting fresh linens and taking them to the restaurant / room service / banquet room.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
- Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests other team members.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 20 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to read and write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or recipe form.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.