|Date Posted||March 22, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Sales, Sales and Marketing|
Farmville, VA – The Sales Manager manages sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong outbound sales skills
- Prepares Sales Reports and Annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Creates effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary services, and personnel
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Assist General Manager in preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans, programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property, conduct site tours of all levels of the hotel, and continuously perform essential job functions
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Strong written communication skills a must.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions when making sales calls on customers. They may be required to travel to an out-of-town destination through airline travel. Also, travel will be required by automobile to call on customers and service accounts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Please note management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).