|Location||Mt. Pleasant, SC|
|Property||Holiday Inn Express & Suites|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping|
Mount Pleasant, SC – To clean rooms and halls in hotel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish and service guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures. (If service is rejected by the guest, the housekeeper shall notify the Executive Housekeeper or Assistant Executive Housekeeper to investigate the situation.)
- Stock cart with guest room supplies at beginning of shift.
- Greet any and all guests with a “Good Morning” (or afternoon, evening).
- Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies.
- Empties wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays.
- Rearrange furnishings, drapes and room accessories.
- Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests in accordance with the guest room legend.
- Leave the guest room in uniform arrangement as determined by the Executive Housekeeper and make sure the door is closed and the room is locked.
- Report any damage, hazards, repairs, ad strangers in assigned areas.
- Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and Found items and writing: the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Responsible for all keys signed out for the shift.
- Clean all corridors and service areas.
- Respond to any projects or requests developed by the Housekeeping management team.
- Replaces light bulbs (if necessary).
- Restock cart at end of shift and organize the linen closet to prepare for the next day.
- Other housekeeping duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to speak English to communicate with guests. Must be able to recognize situations which may involve guests that require immediate supervisory attention. Must know and use reasonable care for the safety and security of the guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally works with cleaning fluids and solvents and must operate hand tools, including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, have the ability to reach 2 feet above your head, etc.