|Date Posted||March 22, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Farmville, VA – The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible in assisting the Director of Restaurants in achieving food and beverage revenue, profit margins, and fostering a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure an exceptional dining experience for all guests
- Know, enforce, inspect, and hold team members accountable for all local health department sanitation laws
- Supervise day to day operations of all Restaurant employees including servers, hosts, bartenders, and kitchen employees
- Pre-planning, planning, executing and maintaining banquets, special events as well as external catering events
- Problem resolution i.e. handling day to day situations and problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Implement all standards of operations
- Attend all hotel required management meetings and trainings
- Counsel and recommend on all hiring, execute progressive disciplinary action to include terminations
- Train all new hires to ensure adequate operation in all outlets
- Monitor proper food portion size, visual appeal and taste and temperature of items served
- Expedite and plate food, coordinate and communicate between front and back of house to ensure proper service during business hours
- Check all par stock levels are updated and reflect current menu
- Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems
- Log monthly inventory levels
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, this position may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and hygiene
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Perform other duties as requested
Manages all employees in the Restaurant during scheduled shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training, employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years of previous Food and Beverage experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.