|Location||St. Simons Island, GA|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
St. Simons, Ga- Assists Food and beverage division in food preparation to include: prepares breakfast bar items, ensures freshness of all items, maintenance of small condiments with fresh items, garnishes all displays, ensures refrigeration of appropriate items immediately, ensures a safe and clean work area, and performs any other special assignments or directions as required. Ability to interact with other associates and guests successfully.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Mental requirements:
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel and company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with hotel and company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have basic knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary preparations prior to opening of the breakfast bar in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the operating hours.
- Assist in preparation and display of buffet food items according to standards.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during the operating hours in order to prepare food to order, maintaining the highest standards of efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Assist in preparation of food for lunch, dinner and pool area.
- Assist in preparation of food for employees if needed.
- Assist in preparation of all foods following hotel standard recipes.
- Breakdown breakfast buffet and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and other employees.
- Be able to operate and maintain the cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.