|Property||The Foundry Hotel|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Maintenance|
Asheville, NC -Constructs and repairs structural woodwork and equipment in establishment by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Builds, repairs, and paints all parts of the hotel.
- Installs and replaces lighting fixtures and bulbs.
- Cleans carpets and rugs.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Fabricates and repairs furniture and fixtures
- Overall Lawn Care Maintenance such as landscaping, fertilizing, watering, snow removal, debris removal.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Paints corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary.
- Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in delivering and set-up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Communicate with Chief Engineer on projects as assigned.
- Responds to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner.
- Communicates with maintenance supervisor on various projects as assigned.
- Complies with all Hotel and Osha Safety Regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is
occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up
to 20-30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the
abilities to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and sometimes in outside inclement weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock and is required to operate hand tools. The employee also occasionally works with cleaning fluids and solvents and must operate hand tools, including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, have the ability to reach 2 feet above your head, etc.
(Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).