|Location||St. Simons Island, GA|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
St. Simons, Ga-The Hotel Host /Night Audit crew are responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, area information and bookings, mail and message service. The Hotel Host Crew must be accurate with daily accounting procedures.
The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, use the guest surname!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Review arrivals nothing special requests, blocking rooms as needed, review all VIP arrivals daily.
- Check in and out of the hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Possess fluent knowledge of the city and geography of surrounding areas.
- Knowledge of the restaurants, amenities, clubs and tourism industries to provide to hotel guests.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, Pre Arrival special guest request,
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Issue guest safety deposit boxes.
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events.
- Hotel Host Crew to assist with Concierge services.
- Knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash,
check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- Attend department meetings once a month.
- Performs all other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Other Department related duties as become necessary.
- Contact via telephone with the other departments such as Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide id decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Operating Otto Clerk, Data Capture, Telecheck Systems, and PBX. Must be accountable for balancing daily shift bank. Also must maintain organization image by demonstrating quality service at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands)