|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
Charleston, SC – The Maintenance Technician/Painter repairs and maintains facility buildings and equipment as well as performs ongoing painting projects. Responsibilities include building and room renovation, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, electrical, carpentry, and painting. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary, must have flexible schedule (including weekends and holidays), and be available on-call for emergency situations.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The objectives of this position are to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee morale, operational efficiency and cost controls, and ultimately ensuring the proper working order of the hotel and upscale appearance of all walls, carpets, floors, furniture and fixtures.
This position is a very visible position. The person having this position must comply with HarbourView Inn’s dress code policies, possess effective communication skills, can resolve conflict and have a thorough understanding of the HarbourView Inn’s policies, procedures and expectations.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the hotel and the need to exceed guest’s expectations, it may be necessary for you to perform many distinct functions not specifically related to your position. Employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Tech/Painter’s principal duties are to keep the hotel in working order and maintain the hotel’s appearance to Forbes and AAA 5 Diamond Standards.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance in guest rooms and provide services according to the hotel’s standards
- Adhere to all standards, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office
- Respond to work ticket entries with sense of urgency and complete each thoroughly
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities on carts
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in the guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including window washing, deep cleaning, ceiling fans, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
- Ensure security of any assigned keys
- Maintain a positive relationship with the guests
- Maintain consistent communication between all departments
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition
- Maintain an elevated level of cleanliness and safety in all work areas
- Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Attend all relevant meetings
- Assist in other departments when necessary
- Provide excellent services consistent with the expectations of a 5-diamond hotel
- Ensure immediate response is given to all guests’ comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Maintain an elevated level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Hotel’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of distinct functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed.
- One-year related experience in the hospitality industry at an establishment with similar standards and quality is preferred
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility
- Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training
Budget Control Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining par levels for tools and maintenance supplies
- Responsible for keeping all guest rooms in inventory through preventative maintenance program
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues
- Ensure that all security policies for the hotel and the guests are strictly adhered to
- Ensure that all vehicle keys and luggage are kept safe and undamaged