Maintenance Technician- Part Time
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Maintenance|
Nashville, TN – This Part-Time position consists of a great variety of tasks, and flexible schedule. The Maintenance Technician undertakes the responsibility of up keeping the Fairlane Hotel’s overall operational condition and functionality.
A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical approach and attention to detail that can work autonomously and responsibly; all to maintain the building and common areas in the best possible condition; all while observing all health and safety guidelines to protect our owners, our asset, and staff, and our guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Survey building and minor repairs to equipment and building systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform touchup painting in guest rooms and public areas
- Maintain plumbing systems to ensure functionality of drains, sinks, showers, toilets etc.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (repair/replace door locks, fixtures etc.)
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program, in Guestrooms and Public Spaces
- Resolving maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders
- Conduct general upkeep procedures as directed (i.e. landscaping, caulking, painting, etc.)
- Carpentry and painting skills, as well as drywall
- Carpet repair work
- Inspecting the property to identify potential and current needs
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Chief Engineer
- Work with Housekeeping to ensure all equipment within the guest rooms are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program
- Has a flexible schedule that can work any shifts. Assists with staffing coverage in the instance of call-offs
- Adheres to all company Standard/Conduct policies and procedures
- Follows the company’s employee handbook for rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent plus at two (2) years of related experience or Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge, or abilities
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and other systems
- General knowledge of maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception
Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift
- Requires repetitive motion and working from all types of ladders up 24ft
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Salary: Depending on experience
Benefits: Parking, Discounts at other Charlestowne Hotels properties