|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||November 1, 2018|
Sewanee, TN – The Hotel’s Maintenance Technician undertakes the responsibility of preserving the building’s overall operational condition and functionality. The Technician will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, plumbing, drywall installations/troubleshooting, carpentry, etc. A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical approach and attention to detail that can work autonomously and responsibly; all to maintain the building and common areas in the best possible condition; all while observing all health and safety guidelines to protect our owners, our asset, and staff, and our guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Report directly to Chief Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor
- Survey building and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets; clean and repair circuit breaker panels, etc.)
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical/plumbing systems (e.g. HVAC, Boilers, Fire Systems, Refrigeration Systems, Lighting, Appliances and other hotel/kitchen equipment.)
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (repair/replace door locks, replace window fixtures/windows, etc.)
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program.
- Resolving maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures as directed (i.e. landscaping, caulking, painting, etc.)
- Carpentry and painting skills, as well as drywall and carpet repair work
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by General Manager, Hotel Manager, Chief Engineer, or Maintenance Supervisor
- Work with Housekeeping to ensure all equipment within the guest rooms are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Has a flexible schedule that can work any shifts. Assists with staffing coverage in the instance of call-offs
- Adheres to all company Standard/Conduct policies and procedures
- Follows the company’s employee hand book for rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent plus at two (2) years of related experience or
- Certifications to include HVAC, Building Maintenance, CPOR, technology, or other relevant field a plus
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge, or abilities
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
- General knowledge of maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail