|Date Posted||March 22, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Maintenance|
Farmville, VA – The Maintenance Technician constructs and repairs structural woodwork and equipment in establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds, repairs, and paints all parts of the hotel
- Installs and replaces lighting fixtures and bulbs
- Cleans carpets and rugs
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment
- Fabricates and repairs furniture and fixture
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Paints corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary
- Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs
- Assists in delivering and set-up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor on projects as assigned
- Responds to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner
- Communicates with maintenance supervisor on various projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15-25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and sometimes in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock, and is required to operate hand tools.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.