|Location||St. Simons Island, GA|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
|Job Type||Maintenance, Management|
St. Simons, Ga-Under the direction of the property General Manager, is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment/work normally maintained/performed by hotel Maintenance Engineers. Additional responsibilities include management and decision making authority for day to day operations and over seeing Stationary Operating Engineers (for those properties that require this).
Responsible for the repair, maintenance and operation of all equipment, furnishings, systems and building components of the hotel facility.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all operating equipment, including, but not limited to all
pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all electrical systems, refrigeration systems and equipment.
- Paints all surface & equipment, makes minor wall covering repairs and minor furniture
- Operates, repairs and maintains all hotel lighting and related equipment systems.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all plumbing and related equipment and systems.
- Repairs and maintains all hotel appliances and equipment and physical plant.
- Repairs and maintains all guest room furnishings, equipment and physical plant.
- Replaces light bulbs, fixtures, televisions and radios.
- Repairs and maintains lock and key system.
- Performs minor construction work.
- Performs necessary inspections and repairs (as required & designated ) to kitchen and
restaurant equipment and furnishings.
DIRECT ———–Hotel General Manager
- Maintain staff (for those properties that have staff)
- Prepare scheduling
- Maintain day to day documentation.
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Train (both technical and safety items).
- Hold monthly departmental meetings.
- Problem solving solutions.
- Maintain open and productive relationships with Human Resources.
Ability to work harmoniously with all other engineering personnel as well as other hotel and Kimpton Group personnel.
MATERIAL & PRODUCTS:
Maintain par stocks of essential parts and associated materials and products used for operating, repairing and maintaining the hotel and for notifying supervisor when parts are needed by using the proper requisition system or want list as appropriate including purchasing.
Responsible for proper are, operation and maintenance of all equipment and tools in the hotel.
Maintain accurate logs of equipment tests, (such as fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, etc.) repair and preventative maintenance logs, monthly reports, daily walk reports, meter readings, etc.
BUSINESS CONTRACTS INTERNAL:
Responsible for ensuring he is always pleasant and courteous to all hotel guests and hotel employees, contractors, and other visitors.
BUSINESS CONTACTS EXTERNAL:
Responsible for ensuring that contacts with project contractors and salesmen are conducted in a professional manner, and that he conducts himself in accordance with Kimpton Group standards.
High school graduation. Trade school or military experience.
Five years hotel maintenance/engineering experience with two years management experience. Must be certified in High-rise Fire Safety, CFC and Chemical testing. Must be proficient in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, locksmith, refrigeration, welding, boiler maintenance, chillers and carpentry.
The ability to understand written and verbal instructions and to communicate effectively. To maintain accurate readings and logs. To have a solid electrical/mechanical aptitude. To be able to read blueprints and define areas quickly. To have basic management abilities and to make reasonable decisions.