Library Bartender, Mixologist
|Date Posted||August 12, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Hamilton, NY – The Library bartender is to interact with all guests and provide a unique dining and drinking experience in a speakeasy atmosphere. Make signature cocktails, and offer recommendations regarding the spirits, beer and wine offered. A passion for mixology and knowledge of spirits is preferred. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Colgate Inn Culture and the following:
- One year of prior bartending experience.
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday night availability.
- Prior guest relations training.
- Knowledge of proper food handling.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Positive, upbeat attitude / personality.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Proper food safety training and certification as described by law.
- Experience working with computers (MS Office/Google) / POS systems (Micros) / Reservations software (Open Table)
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull. Requires carrying trays of food and bus trays of dishes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull a vacuum or wheeled cart weighing up to 50 lbs.
Primary Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Superior knowledge of classic cocktails, as well as the capability to quickly and efficiently build, shake, and create them for clientele
- Exemplify outstanding communication skills, with the aptitude to create unique experiences for clientele and promote wonderful customer service
- Check in with clientele to ensure satisfaction
- Embody a strong and efficient work ethic, including, but not limited to keeping a clean and tidy work area, keeping guest areas clean, polishing chinaware e.g. glassware, plate-ware, silverware
- Complete opening/closing duties, follow standards in place, as well as filling out prep/checklist
- Adhere to cash handling policies with the ability to perform credit card charges as well as provide guests with accurate bills and ring in all orders accurately and at the time of the sale
- Must have knowledge of pour-cost control, as well as participate in inventory, and determine adequate par levels
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
- Fill water bottles, cut fruit, roll silverware, and complete other service-related tasks as assigned
- Bus tables and assist with processing dirty dishes if necessary
- Seat guests or take future reservations