|Property||The Foundry Hotel|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping|
Asheville, NC -To assist in supervising and overseeing the performance and appearance of the housekeeping staff. To assure the responsibilities of the housekeeping department when the Executive Housekeeper is off duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in scheduling the cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, and elevators.
- Assist in the scheduling for deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Obtain all housekeeping reports and messages from the Property Management System (OnQ) and Internal Communication Systems (ALICE.)
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
- Assist in preparing room assignment for the attendants. Prepare new timecards for each payroll period.
- Distribute room assignments and keys.
- Check floors periodically, update the current room status, and identify opportunities for Houseperson service.
- Communicate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Maintenance Departments to ensure a high-quality product and service level is delivered to our guests.
- Answer the department telephone to respond quickly to requests from guests.
- Check the hotel’s computer for information concerning room status and enter updated room status.
- Assist in quarterly linen inventory and discard damaged linen as directed.
- Order and stock any room supplies and cleaning supplies, following budgetary guidelines.
- Orient, train and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in a) the guest rooms; b) linens and uniforms; c) lost and found; d) laundry; and 3) janitorial department and night cleaners.
- Inspection of guestrooms as required by hotel.
- Clean and assist Room Attendants with guest rooms if required by hotel.
- Instruct housepersons on special projects. Check to see that projects are completed and follow-up on additional projects.
- Clean Housekeeping Office and prepare area for the following day.
- Assist in preparing Housekeeping report.
Assists in managing all employees in the Housekeeping Department. Is responsible for assistance in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and Applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is
occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up
to 20-30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the
abilities to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The
employee occasionally works with cleaning fluids and solvents and must operate hand tools,
including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, have the ability to reach 2 feet above your head, etc.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).