|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Property||The Atlantic Hotel & Spa|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping|
Fort Lauderdale, FL- The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the upkeep of guest rooms, public spaces and laundry facility, managing the housekeeping team, and ensuring inventory levels of linen and supplies are properly maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure guest rooms are well-cared for and properly supplied with all amenities
- Maintain accurate inventory of all linen, terry, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and laundry supplies and place orders as needed
- Lead daily departmental communications meeting and ensure housekeeping team is kept abreast of important hotel updates
- Create weekly schedule based on business volumes, projects, and productivity standards
- Ensure housekeeping team is in proper uniform and maintains a personal appearance that is clean and professional
- Plan out preventative cleaning projects to maintain the quality of the property
- Train all new staff on chemical usage and ensure all items are properly placed in units according to standards
- Ensure the housekeeping closets remain well stocked and properly organized
- Report any maintenance requests or repairs needed to the Director of Engineering
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested by Manager
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with others and create a fun, positive, and creative work environment
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.