|Property||King Charles Inn|
|Date Posted||May 28, 2019|
|Job Type||Housekeeping, Management|
Charleston, SC – The Housekeeping Supervisor will lead a team of 30 employees in the Housekeeping & Laundry departments. The responsibilities include breaking out the house in the morning, inspecting guest rooms and public areas, purchasing and receiving, monthly inventories, scheduling, training and motivating the staff. To be successful in this role, you should have a prior experience in a housekeeping setting. Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Housekeeping staff shall be trained in guest service standards
- Welcome and acknowledge every guest with a smile, eye contact, and friendly verbal greeting
- Use guest name whenever possible
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions to better understand their needs, and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Thank guests for staying with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell
- Maintain a tidy, groomed appearance; wear provided work uniform and nametag while on duty
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, front desk or any supervisor
- Report any unusual occurrences to the Manager on Duty and complete an Incident Report
- Follow company safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and secure working environment
- Report any identified hazards immediately to a supervisor
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing, and employ correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury
- Identity and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks
- Physical demands include the ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing up to 75 pounds without assistance, the ability to reach overhead and below the knees including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping, the ability to stand, sit or walk to an entire work shift
Customer Care: In the hospitality industry, the number one priority of all employees should be customer service. We actively strive to provide the highest quality of customer care every day, for every stay. In order to help maintain a high level of service and presentation, you may be asked to complete duties or tasks outside the scope of your typical job responsibilities at any time.
Safety/Security: Maintaining the safety and security of our guests and employees requires the help of all employees and is considered everyone’s responsibility. Report any suspicious persons or activities to a manager ASAP. Report work-related accidents to the manager on duty immediately. All staff will be trained in emergency procedures.