|Date Posted||July 30, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping|
Farmville, VA – The House Attendant maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel and provide customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, patios, and parking lot
- Clean and set-up meeting room functions according to the function sheets
- Deep clean assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter, including delivering housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk
- Get assignments, keys, pager, and special guest requests from your supervisor at the beginning of your shift and turn in keys and pager to Housekeeping Department when shift ends
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools
- Greet each guest you see with “Good morning” or (afternoon, evening)
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finders name
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use tools, climb or balance; stoop, kneel.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15-25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally works with cleaning fluids and solvents and must operate hand tools, including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, have ability to reach 2 feet above your head, etc.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).