Guest Service Representative
|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
Sewanee, TN- As a Guest Service Representative, you would be responsible for greeting, registering, and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Greets all guests in a pleasant and professional manner
- Completes the guest registration and check-out procedures
- Answers telephone, transfers calls, and takes messages when applicable
- Makes hotel reservations for guests, including changes and cancellations
- Follows proper credit card procedures
- Maintains accurate bank during shift and uses correct vouchers for specified transactions
- Utilizes up-sell techniques to push our varying guest room products
- Responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely fashion
- Follow-up to ensure guest requests have been responded to appropriately and to guest satisfaction
- Understands hotel service and programs
- Knowledgeable of geographical area and points of interest
- Files appropriate paperwork as directed
- Understands hotel emergency procedures and evacuation protocols
- Collects payment for all guests at check-in and check-out. Makes changes as necessary
- Keeps Front Office and Lobby area near, clean, vacuumed, and dusted daily
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and fellow management team members.
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a Hotel or a related field preferred
- Significant attention to detail.
- Ability to operate front desk equipment: computer, switchboard, credit card machines, etc.
- Understanding of basic math skills
- Good verbal and guest interaction skills
- Collect money and issue change where applicable
- Ability to work as a cohesive team member – relaying information appropriately from shift to shift
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
- May be required to lift items up to 25 lbs.