Guest Service Agent
|Property||Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa Downtown|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
Tuscaloosa, AL – Guest Service Agents will assist management in the day-to-day operation of the front desk. This position is the face of the hotel and is responsible for providing quality guest services that include greeting guests, registration and check-out, Opera operations, mail, and message service. Guest Service Agents must also provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, and cancellations in accordance with established standards and/or scripts. This position responds to and provides information on hotel services, local attractions, travel directions, etc. Prior experience preferred.
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPs, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests
- Follow established key control policy
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events
- Knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty
- Monitor room availability throughout the day
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel
- Assist guests with local information and concierge needs
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor
- Other Department related duties as become necessary
- Contact via telephone with the other departments such as Reservations, Sales, and housekeeping is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a Hotel or a related field preferred
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to operate front desk equipment: Computer, switchboard, credit card machines, etc.
- Understanding of basic math skills
- Collect money and issue change where applicable
- Ability to work as a cohesive team member – relaying information appropriately from shift to shift
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.