Group Sales Manager
|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2017|
|Job Type||Management, Sales|
Sewanee, TN – The Group Sales Manager will be in charge of the total sales efforts of The Sewanee Inn, one of Tennessee’s top renown hotel properties, including securing new business, maintaining existing business, which enhances the profitability of the hotel. The position will consist of no direct reports and is responsible for merchandising the guestrooms; function space and ancillary revenue streams of the hotel to maximize revenue potential and most important, ensure the guests have the best possible meeting experience.
Primary responsibility is to achieve or exceed targeted goals for room revenue, food & beverage & room rental, plus develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications, manage social media and e-commerce efforts as well as complete other special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
Detailed description as follows:
- Assist General Manager in the development of hotel annual Marketing/Business Plan
- Solicit new and existing accounts through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communications.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high level of service to guests
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings on behalf of the hotel
- Prepare group resumes for group blocks and ensure accuracy of all
- Adhere to all Sales, Catering & Conference Services standard operating procedures
- Organize and prioritize all tasks to ensure all due dates and deadlines are met
- Yield all business by adhering to selling policies and revenue management guidelines
- Ensure BEO’s are accurate and provide relevant detailed information to all departments well in advance of function
- Prepare quarterly SMART plans
- Use property level Sales CRM Software (SalesPro) and ensure all information entered is timely and accurate, as well as generate reports, enter business, block space, build accounts and prospect.
- Assist in hotel’s monthly forecasts and budgets
- Meet and greet onsite contacts
- Handle incoming inquiries, qualifying customers, developing proposals and preparing and negotiating contracts.
- Administrator of all Social Media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. requiring daily updates/postings to ensure hotel is present and current on channels assisting in the efforts of social and reputation management.
- Work closely with the hotel’s Corporate Office related to all Marketing and Advertising efforts.
- Participant in executive committee meetings
- Compassion – genuinely cares about people, concerned about their work and non-work issues. Is available and ready to assist.
- Knowledge/Skill – working knowledge of sales, banquet, catering services, policies and operations.
- Deals with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change – can shift gears comfortably, is not upset when things are up in the air
- Composure – is cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough, can handle stress
- Savvy– relates well with all kinds of people – builds rapport and effective relationships easily and able to defuse high tension situations
- Networker – ability to show social skills in a variety of ways from one on one contact to large gatherings
- Detailer – attention to detail is always in the daily forefront – crosses all the T’s and dots all the I’s.
- Computer Literate – knows the way around the computer and internet, can easily pick up most software with little training – doesn’t have to be an IT person, but keeps up with technological progress
- Great Listener – able to listen and be aware of surroundings and information being communicated and able to act on information received