Front Desk Supervisor
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Property||The Atlantic Hotel & Spa|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
Fort Lauderdale, FL- We are a AAA Four Diamond hotel looking for a Front Desk Supervisor. Applicant must be willing to work weekends, days/evenings, and holidays. Prior hotel experience is preferred. The objective of this position is to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee morale, operational efficiency and cost controls.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote the The Atlantic Hotel Preferred Guest
- Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Supervise the front desk agents, ensuring the correct sequence of events for proper registration and checkout of guests.
- Assign specific tasks to front desk agents relative to credit, missing addresses, registration bucket maintenance, registration cards, posting charges, and overall cleanliness and organization of the front desk.
- Provide ongoing training and support to front desk agents.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Maintain all front desk related equipment and a par stock of supplies.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
- Maintain a daily log of all guests’ opportunities with corrective action steps.
- Follow-up on any unresolved situations in a timely manner and pass on appropriate information to other Managers for handling.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Two years hotel front desk experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per The Atlantic Resort & Spa standards.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.