Guest Services Associate / Concierge
|Date Posted||June 17, 2019|
|Job Type||Front Desk|
Charleston, SC – This position is to provide a seamless check-in/check-out experience and disseminate clear and concise information to the HarbourView Inn’s guests. The Guest Services Associate/Concierge will control inventory items related to the front desk and be responsible to audit and/or log any or all items deemed pertinent as related to the overall success of the HarbourView Inn experience. This position is to exceed the expectations of the HarbourView Inn’s guest by providing a multitude of service related tasks, not limited to, but set forth in procedures, training manuals and guidelines. The needs to be fulfilled and the duties to be performed by the person holding this position require that the individual be “hands on”; therefore, the schedule will be set accordingly. The objectives of this position are to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee morale, operational efficiency and cost controls.
Please note, the guest service agent is a very visible part of the team. The person having this position must comply with HarbourView Inn’s dress code policies, possess effective communication skills, can resolve conflict and have a thorough understanding of the HarbourView Inn’s policies, procedures and expectations. Based upon fluctuating demands of the hotel and the need to exceed guest’s expectations, it may be necessary for you to perform many distinct functions not specifically related to your position. Employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Guest Services Associate/Concierge’s principal duties are guest service and ensuring quality and efficient check-in and check-out for the guests. Courtesy, tact and efficiency can solidify the warm welcome already provided by the bellmen.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Provide excellent services consistent with the expectations of a 5-diamond hotel
- Ensure each guest is promptly recognized, greeted and assisted, upon their arrival, during their stay and upon departure
- Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guests’ comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
- Assist guests in a positive, friendly and professional manner with all activity reservations including tours, dining, spa, etc.
- Ensure that all phone calls are answered and handled in accordance to the company’s FRED program
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
- Maintain an elevated level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
- Assist in development and implementation of special projects
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Hospitality business
- Continually maintain inventory of appropriate variety and quantity of Front Desk supplies to ensure adequate supplies in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good and safe working condition
- Maintain the Front Desk cash drawer to the required amount
- Ensure all cash payments are handled in accordance with the hotel’s policies
- Maintain a positive relationship with employees and guests
- Maintain constant communication between all departments
- Possess knowledge of all hotel services and amenities
- Maintain an elevated level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the hotel
- Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Attend all relevant meetings
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Hotel’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed.
One-year related experience in the hospitality industry at an establishment with similar standards and quality.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College degree preferred.
Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility.
Budget Control Responsibilities
Responsible for, but not limited to, posting charges, collecting revenue and up-selling rooms.
Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues.
Ensure that all security policies for the hotel and the guests are strictly adhered to.
A minimum of eight (8) hours of training will be provided by the hotel each year.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions as well as standard operating procedures
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before employees and guests
- Ability to create documents in Excel and Word
- Ability to understand other computer programs (including the Property Management Program)
Working Conditions and Environment
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate
- The person having this position may have to lift up to 25lbs daily
- The person having this position will have to stand for approximately eight (8) hours a day
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position – reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions