Front Desk Agent
|Property||The Foundry Hotel|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
Asheville, NC -As a Front Desk Agent, you are responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Welcome and greet guest according to hotel standards in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Assigns rooms which satisfy all special requests when possible
- Obtains necessary credit and payment information from guests
- Coordinate with other Hotel departments to satisfy guest requests
- Provides detailed information about Hotel facilities and operating hours
- Notifies Housekeeping of all special requests, late checkouts, and room changes
- Utilizes hotel sales strategies to up-sell rooms when possible
- Receives and transmits guest messages
- Performs check-out and cash handling activities
- Answers telephone calls and guest inquiries in a friendly, professional manner
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events
- Assist with Concierge services in the absence of the Concierge
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to be flexible with scheduling and able to work holidays and weekends.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is
occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up
to 20-30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the
abilities to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).