Food and Beverage Restaurant Manager
|Property||The Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2019|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage, Management|
Newport, RI – The Food and Beverage Restaurant Manager will be responsible for maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. They will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. An effective Food and Beverage Restaurant Manager, will be out on the floor and in the kitchen during service times, monitoring and coaching processes and staff.
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested.
- Proven working experience as restaurant manager or restaurant general manager
- Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills