Food and Beverage Golf Lodge Manager
|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2018|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage, Management|
Sewanee, TN – As a Food and Beverage Golf Lodge Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the Golf Lodge’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient golf lodge operation, as well as maintain efficient production, productivity, quality, and excellent customer-service standards. An effective Food and Beverage Golf Lodge Manager, will be out on the floor, behind the bar and in the kitchen during service times, monitoring and coaching processes and staff.
- Accomplishes Golf Lodge human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves Golf Lodge operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus
- Works with Chef to control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and securing revenues/deposits, accurate cash count sheets and cash drawers
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested.
- Proven working experience as restaurant/bar/kitchen manager
- Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Culinary school diploma or BS degree in Business Administration preferred