|Property||Inn at Elon|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
|Job Type||Housekeeping, Management|
Elon, NC – The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the success of the Housekeeping department, including supervision, training, coaching, motivation, and policy implementation to ensure proper upkeep of guestrooms and public spaces contributing to an exceptional experience for every guest.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure guest room cleanliness and public spaces are maintained at the highest standards.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates on cleaning standards and guest service.
- Oversee laundry operations.
- Coordinate cleaning schedule and outside contractors for major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks for guest rooms, public spaces, and meeting rooms.
- Read front desk log book and all housekeeping reports and messages for pertinent guest information as it relates to the department.
- Prepare room assignment for the attendants.
- Communicate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Maintenance Department to ensure a high-quality product and service level is delivered to our guests.
- Train and update staff on any new laws or regulations necessary to safely perform their tasks.
- Maintain good performance and productivity levels by setting quality standards following hotel.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping; including labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
- Responsible for Guest Service scores related to overall cleanliness and guest experience, reviews the scores with the staff, sites areas for improvement, and creates incentives.
- Handle guest feedback and special requests.
- Demonstrate a commitment to servicing the guest and takes initiative to speak to all guests.
- Respond promptly to any guest inquiries, feedback, and reviews.
- Show personal control by maintaining a positive attitude, and remaining calm and patient in all situations.
- College degree and five years of related experience in hotel operations preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Computer skills required – experience with Hotel information systems preferred
- New hotel opening experience recommended; however, not required