|Date Posted||July 31, 2019|
|Job Type||Administrative, Corporate Position|
Charleston, SC -Charlestowne Hotels is a full-service hospitality management company offering innovative, yet proven, expertise in hotel development, operational controls, marketing and revenue management, and financial reporting. Charlestowne Hotels has become one of the most successful firms in the hospitality industry and one of the largest hotel management companies in the Southeast. Based in Charleston, South Carolina, with principals employing more than 100 years of cumulative experience in the hospitality industry, the company has consistently demonstrated an earnest commitment to its guests, employees, owners and community.
The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Charlestowne Hotels Executive Committee by proactively communicating, responding to questions and requests, solving problems, providing information, maintaining and organizing data, and protecting the integrity of all parties.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Tasks
- Conducts themselves in a highly ethical and professional manner maintaining confidentiality and protecting the integrity of Charlestowne Hotels.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of Charlestowne Hotels information, correspondences, reports and files.
- Provides timely communication and promotes positive relations with Charlestowne’s Owners and Vendors.
- Prepares and sends correspondence as required by Corporate Executive committee.
- Prepares correspondence, memos and reports as assigned by Corporate Executive committee.
- Maintains complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, computers and manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge and complies with all Charlestowne and department policies and procedures.
- Displays a professional and organized work station, maintaining cleanliness throughout shift.
- Completes supply requisitions; stocks office supplies upon receipt.
- Answers telephone and records messages legibly and completely using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Greets all individuals arriving at corporate offices courteously and assists with their needs.
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience – required
- 1+ years of Executive Assistant or similar experience – required
- Hospitality industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Proven experience providing effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to create, update and distribute routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively and professionally with individuals or groups inside and outside of the organization
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and act efficiently and with urgency
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at any given time
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25lbs
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to speak and hear
Work Environment & Conditions
- Must be comfortable working in shared spaces
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration
- The majority of time will be spent indoors