Director of Sales
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Property||The Atlantic Hotel & Spa|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Management, Sales and Marketing|
Fort Lauderdale, FL- The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the sales efforts at the property and ensuring a maximization of total property revenue. This position requires a strong leader who can create and maintain strategic relationships with local, national and global clients. The position is responsible for selling (lead generation), administration and inventory management. The ability to inspire and mentor direct reports to achieve their sales and service goals is important. An ideal candidate will have previous experience with hotels, spa and F&B establishments and have an in depth understanding of the Fort Lauderdale market. The Director of Sales will be the “face” of the property and should be actively involved in the community and attend industry specific events to maximize exposure for the property.
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinate liaison between the sales department and other units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Meet with sales staff regularly to ensure all goals are on track
- Meet with General Manager, corporate marketing team, and corporate revenue team weekly to review sales calls, upcoming leads, evaluation of sales effort, and strategic planning.
- Make outside sales calls to potential clients and attend key trade shows
- Follow up with outstanding receivables.
- Work with Corporate Marketing and Public Relations departments as needed.
- Host regular client events, familiarization trips and property site tours.
- Regularly shop competition’s rates, packages, and offerings.
- Submit weekly sales activity reports.
- Create annual sales and marketing plan and control expenditures within budgetary requirements.
- Qualify incoming leads and respond in a timely manner
- Leverage marketing and operational partnerships to maximize revenue with strategic consortia, FIT and group markets.
- Work closely with third party F&B operation to ensure Event Sales Team is properly executing, communicating and servicing catering clients to exceed the customers’ expectations
- Work with CH Marketing to develop marketing initiatives, promotions, packages and ad campaigns to insure successful consumer response and positively impact market and yield rev par
- Work with CH Revenue Team to create rate strategy initiatives to maximize revenue goals while applying an in depth understanding of competitive set and insights from various sources (STR, IDEAS, etc.)
- Monitor sales production and adjust sales activities, account coverage, and sales priorities necessary to achieve sales goals.
- Develop active communications and close rapport with Convention & Visitors Bureau, Planners Associations and other sources of sales information and support.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
- Responsible for attendees’ overall satisfaction during all corporate and social events
- Respond guest feedback
- Ensure that all special requests are fulfilled from meeting planners, travel agents and other key decision makers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to servicing the group clientele
- Respond promptly to any guest inquiries
- Maintain a positive attitude and remain calm and patient in all situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Computer skills required
- Experience in luxury resort hotel sales is required.