Director of Sales
|Property||Inn at Elon|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
|Job Type||Management, Sales and Marketing|
Elon, NC- The Director of Sales is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with corporate partners to drive group room nights and revenue to the hotel. Must be able to generate and follow up on leads as well as organize and manage the Sales team. The Director of Sales must also ensure that all functions are carried out professionally and at the highest level of service. He/she must also be involved within the community and the University and represent the hotel in a positive manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinate liaison between the sales department and other units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Meet with sales staff regularly to ensure all goals are on track
- Meet with General Manager, corporate marketing team, and corporate revenue team weekly to review sales calls, upcoming leads, evaluation of sales effort, and strategic planning.
- Make outside sales calls to potential corporate clients.
- Follow up with outstanding receivables.
- Work with University’s Communications and Public Relations departments as needed.
- Prepare and distribute direct mailings.
- Conduct open houses and property site tours.
- Regularly shop competition’s rates, packages, and offerings.
- Submit weekly sales activity reports.
- Create annual sales and marketing plan and control expenditures within budgetary requirements.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
- Responsible for attendees’ overall satisfaction during all corporate and social events
- Handle guest feedback and special requests from meeting planners
- Demonstrate a commitment to servicing the group clientele
- Respond promptly to any guest inquiries
- Maintain a positive attitude and remain calm and patient in all situations
- College degree and five years hotel sales experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Computer skills required – experience with Hotel information systems preferred
- New Hotel/Pre-Opening Sales experience preferred