Director of Housekeeping
|Property||Inn at Carnall Hall|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2019|
|Job Type||Housekeeping, Management|
Fayetteville, AR- The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for assisting the Hotel General Manager with the successful operation and administration of the housekeeping department. This includes, but is not limited to, staff training, coaching, counseling and enforcing the hotel’s standard operating procedures.
The Director of Housekeeping must ensure a consistent focus on providing an exceptional experience to every guest while maximizing department profitability at the same time. The Director of Housekeeping will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing, and controlling effective strategies that drive results through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated, and empowered housekeeping staff. The Director of Housekeeping will serve as a member of the Hotel’s Management Team and serve as a Manager on Duty as assigned by the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Lead all aspects of housekeeping and laundry services; develop standards, processes and procedures and training standards in collaboration with the General Manager
- Hire, train and manage the performance of housekeeping staff
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of the housekeeping department, to include; labor management, inventory control
- Inspects guest rooms and public areas daily to ensure quality standards and consistency
- Works with supervisors/inspectors to ensure guest room status is communicated to Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Work closely with fellow managers and supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally
- motivate the staff and establishes a productive and positive work environment
- Responsible for the appropriate scheduling of Housekeeping Staff to ensure guest and Hotel business needs
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings with staff to ensure employees are informed
- Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated hotel standards and the appropriate inspections are carried out on a consistent basis
- Ensure that an accurate inventory is completed monthly pertaining to housekeeping amenities and supplies, standard guest room items, cleaning supplies, linen, etc.
- Work with engineering to ensure that all equipment within the guest rooms and all operational departments within the hotel are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program
- Has a flexible schedule that can work any shifts. Assist with staffing coverage in the instance of call-offs
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and fellow management team members
- Assists in the development of the annual marketing plan & budget by developing strategies to increase occupancy and revenue
- Adheres to all company Standard/Conduct policies and procedures
- Follows the company’s employee handbook for rules and regulations
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming shift supervisor
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested
- Serve as Manager on Duty on a weekly, or as needed basis
Apply for this position