Cocktail Server- Part Time
|Property||The Foundry Hotel|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Asheville, NC – The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when visiting The Workshop Lounge. Cocktail servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests food and beverages in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest’s needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important, and relaxed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive upbeat attitude / personality
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Proper food safety training and certification as described by law
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Experience with computers / POS systems is preferred
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is
occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up
to 20-30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the
abilities to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).