|Property||Inn at Elon|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
|Job Type||Maintenance, Management|
Elon, NC- Under the direction of the General Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment/work normally maintained/performed by hotel Maintenance Engineers. Additional responsibilities include management and decision-making authority for day to day operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all operating equipment, including, but not limited to all pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all electrical systems, refrigeration systems and equipment.
- Paints all surface & equipment, makes minor wall covering repairs and minor furniture touch-up.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all hotel lighting and related equipment systems.
- Operates, repairs and maintains all plumbing and related equipment and systems.
- Repairs and maintains all hotel appliances and equipment and physical plant
- Repairs and maintains all guest room furnishings, equipment and physical plant.
- Replaces light bulbs, fixtures, televisions and radios.
- Repairs and maintains lock and key system.
- Performs minor construction work.
- Performs necessary inspections and repairs (as required & designated) to kitchen and restaurant equipment and furnishings.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- College degree or trade school and five years of related experience in hotel operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Computer skills required – experience with Hotel information systems preferred
- Construction experience recommended; however, not required