Assistant Restaurant Manager
|Date Posted||July 8, 2019|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage, Management|
Farmville, VA – The Assistant Restaurant Manager will oversee the front of the house operations of Effingham’s, Catbird Rooftop Terrace and any hotel banquet functions and ensure the dining experience of all guests exceeds expectations. The Restaurant Manager must have previous food service and bar experience and possess outstanding leadership and guest service skills. The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for maintaining high standards of guest service, safety and cleanliness, and have the ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and late nights. The Assistant Restaurant Manager will ensure that each and every guest has a positive dining experience from start to finish and that all expectations are exceeded and resolve any issues that may arise. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel Weyanoke culture and the following:
- Three years of prior leadership experience in the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Knowledge of proper food handling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, upbeat attitude and personality. Must be able to resolve conflicts, handle service issues work well with both hotel and restaurant teams, and interact with guests to ensure a memorable dining experience.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Reliable attendance with the flexibility to work varied days and shift as well as holidays.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to
- Proper food safety training and certification as described by law.
- Experience working with computers (MS Office/Google), POS systems (Aerius), and reservations software (Yelp).
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Oversee a team of employees including hiring, development, scheduling and training and ensure a positive working environment for all team members
- Ensure high-level of service in all aspects of operations and give each guest a memorable dining experience from start to finish
- Properly handle daily cash deposits
- Open or close the restaurant, securing cash, liquor, and entry points
- Create a service first work environment
- Assist kitchen with prep work or plating if necessary, ensuring that every dish that leaves the kitchen is of the highest quality and has all the proper garnishments and is cooked to specification
- Assure cleanliness of front of house areas including windows, light fixtures and entrance as assigned
- Assign service related tasks to servers
- Properly check out servers and bartenders at the end of their shift
- Bus tables and assist with processing dirty dishes if necessary
- Ensure dining tables are properly prepared for service
- Communicate to staff all current menu choices, specials and menu deviations, or if the kitchen staff is running out of any items
- Be able to open and pour wine at tableside
- Assist with special events as needed
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Ensure team members’ uniform is neat and professional and grooming standards have been followed
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards