Assistant General Manager
|Location||St. Simons Island, GA|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Management|
St. Simons, Ga- The Assistant General Manager is responsible for providing memorable guest experiences, following and going outside the guidelines specified by the hotel management. The AGM oversees all Front Office operations, (Front Desk, Guest & Beach Service, Communication Center, and Night Audit). Sets and maintains a high level of guest service. Providing support for the line staff. Scheduling for all areas of Front Office operations. Overseeing the accurate and proper cash handling procedures, will assist in the balancing of all revenues. Monitor and maintain property interfaces. Always coaching and training to improve the development of all Crew working any shift. Counseling, and disciplining all Crew not meeting the agreed expectations of the role. Indirectly, responsible for overseeing the other hotel departments, such as, Security, Engineering, Reservations, and Housekeeping. See Front Desk job description for other job specifics. The essential hospitality standards must be used all times when addressing guests and Crew; eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, speak last, and use the guest surname. This position’s basic schedule is five shifts per week, flexibility is required to support the business or operational needs of the Hotel. Creating memorable guest experiences in a safe working environment are an AGMs primary role. Coverage of Night Audit shifts may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, but are not limited to: (other duties may be assigned)
- Meet the desk agents to get any pertinent information
- Review Front Desk logbook for any other information or incidents.
- Review all arrivals noting any special requests or challenges
- Assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
- Make sure all shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Inspect all VIP arrival rooms.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Knowledgeable of Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Run and attend departmental my training classes/seminars when scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Professional contact via telephone with all other hotel departments such as, Housekeeping
and Engineering, etc…is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
- Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
- Create and post all employee schedules in a timely manner.
- Coach, Counsel & Discipline employees when necessary, using proper documentation and
- Ensure that all Front Office employees complete their essential duties before their departure.
- Ensure that all Front Office employees are posted at their stations at posted time.
- Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding proper coverage, report to work and stay until proper coverage can be found.
- Assist with any scheduled shift problems on the Night audit shifts.
- Accountable for the proper training and daily monitoring of all service levels provided by
employees to guests and other fellow employees.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding levels of service required by the Mystery Shopper
- Monitor and maintain proper Front Office operational supplies.
- Accountable for meeting or coming in under payroll and expense budgets.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring that all employees follow proper cash handling
- Accountable for the “guest ledger” and its proper daily maintenance.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining the “guest comment card” return ratios required by
the hotel and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as well as other duties specified by their Supervisor or Manager. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or requests from groups of managers, clients, co-workers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Able to operate telephone, computer stations, plug and unplug various power cords, familiar with basic computer interface systems. Able to maintain organizational image by demonstrating high quality guest service at all times.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, reach, bend over, stoop, use hands, use fingers, write, see, feel objects, handle paper, wires, pens, boxes, and occasionally kneel. Occasional lifting or moving may be required of objects of up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The temperature can fluctuate from cold to hot. As many as five persons could be working alongside with you.
Please note: Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed in this detailed job description in order to meet business changes and demands.