AM & PM Front Desk Supervisor
|Property||Inn at Carnall Hall|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk|
Fayetteville, AR- This position will provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. The Front Desk Supervisor is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and property standards and serve as a representative for the property. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Oversees front office/front desk operations during the AM or PM shift while providing excellent guest services.
- Process guest check-outs and handle monetary transactions
- Assist as back up to Night Audit
- Performs duties as Manager on Duty during scheduled shifts
- Performs duties of the Front Desk Agent as scheduled
- Register arriving guests and assigns rooms
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests
- Enter same day reservations and future reservations when necessary, know cancellation procedures
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Verify all account postings and balances
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager
- Use persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote services of the hotel
- Knowledgeable of room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to four years previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to properly secure guest information. Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.