Accounting & Administrative Assistant
|Property||French Quarter Inn and Spectator Hotel|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2019|
|Job Type||Administrative, Customer Service|
Charleston, SC- This is a multi-property position for The Spectator Hotel and French Quarter Inn, two adjacent luxury boutique hotels.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Overseeing successful operation and oversight of all financial processes within the two luxury boutique hotels (91 total rooms)
- This includes but is not limited to: Processing invoices/ payables/ receivables/ credit card bills, overseeing and submitting payroll, monitoring city ledgers and guest related invoices, submitting accounting reports to corporate office.
- Championing financial security protocols; working with GM and Director of Guest Services to hold associates accountable to cash handling policies, credit card PCI compliance policies, etc.
- Assisting other departments as a vendor liaison establishing accounts payable relationships and ensuring outstanding invoices are paid in a prompt manner.
- Responsible for ordering of office and administration supplies to support the hotel operation; working with operational teams to perform monthly inventories of supplies and keep supplies stocked.
- Serving in an administrative support capacity, helping the General Manager directly with a variety of administrative functions.
- This is to include but not limited to: distributing information (flyers/notices/reminders/policies) to all staff, uploading documents into Efficenter, responding to guests and vendors as needed on behalf of the GM.
- Acting as coordinator for HR administrative tasks
- Assisting members of the leadership team as needed in an administrative capacity under the overall hotel direction and approval of the General Manager
- Maintaining open lines of communication, working collaboratively with other related departments
- Actively promoting a positive work environment which genuinely cares for guests and associates
- Effectively communicating and enforcing company rules and regulations
- This position reports directly to the General Manager
- Minimum (1) year of hospitality required
- Luxury or boutique hotel experience preferred
- Minimum (1) year of accounting OR office management experience required
- Combination of both is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office and adaptable/flexible in technical learning ability of hotel related systems. Prior experience in RoomKey PMS, M3, Heartland are preferred
- Must be willing to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays, and dates that meet the demands of a luxury hotel environment
- Performance driven, assertive, self-motivator, and hardworking
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Health, dental, vision, parking, and PTO benefits available for a full-time employee