|Date Posted||July 31, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Farmville, VA – The bartenders at Catbird Rooftop Bar atop the Hotel Weyanoke must be able interact with all guests and ensure they have a great experience, make signature cocktails, and offer recommendations regarding the local craft beers and wines offered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds
- Be familiar with recipes for commonly ordered drinks
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times
- Make guests feel appreciated through your actions
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to company standards at all times
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with company standards
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it
- Responsible service of alcohol, including verification of age
- Must be able to work in an upbeat, high volume atmosphere
- Cross-train and assist in Campagna’s and Effingham’s as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be 21 years of age or older.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. TIPS certification is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is outside.