|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Farmville, VA – The Breakfast Cook is responsible for executing a high level of consistent meals according to recipes and standards, a clean and sanitized work area, and must be able to exhibit impeccable food presentation leading to exceeding guest expectations and creating repeat business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly memorable breakfast
- Cook and manage breakfast service as well as assist with lunch service
- Break down the kitchen line after breakfast
- Ensure the kitchen is always kept clean and hygienic
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Executive Chef
- Ensure all staff working are treated fairly and with respect
- Ensure guest satisfaction and quality
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are always of the highest quality
- Adhere to personal grooming and appearance adhere to the standards set forth in the employee handbook
- Communicate to the Executive Chef/Sous Chef any products that are running low
- Minimize waste of product and labor and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, and HACCP
- Handle pressure calmly and professionally
- Maintain a professional and courteous working relationship with all staff
- Attend training courses, department, and companywide meetings when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Be able to work independently and unsupervised
- Be knowledgeable in egg cookery
- Have a passion for cooking and meeting guests’ expectations
- Be reliable and dependable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.