|Location||Lake Geneva, WI|
|Property||The Cove of Lake Geneva|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping, Management|
Lake Geneva, WI – The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Hotel General Manager with the successful operation and administration of the Housekeeping Department. This includes, but is not limited to, staff training, coaching, counseling and enforcing the hotel’s standard operating procedures. The Executive Housekeeper must ensure that the housekeeping department is continually balanced, while also focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction to our internal and external guests. The Housekeeping department must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
The Executive Housekeeper must ensure a consistent focus on providing an exceptional experience to every guest while maximizing department profitability at the same time. The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that all Hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Executive Housekeeper will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing, and controlling effective strategies that drive results and through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated, and empowered hotel staff. The Executive Housekeeper will serve as a member of the Hotel’s Management Team and serve as a Manager on Duty as assigned by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Inspects guest rooms and public areas daily to ensure quality standards and consistency
- Works with supervisors and inspectors to ensure guest room status is communicated to Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Works collaboratively with supervisors and inspectors to continually enhance and advance the hotel’s goals and operations
- Work closely with fellow managers and supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally
- Establishes consistent operating procedures
- Motivates the staff and establishes a productive and positive work environment
- Responsible for the appropriate scheduling of Housekeeping Staff to ensure guest and Hotel business needs
- Maintain complete knowledge of all operations department policies/service procedures
- Ensure the operations staff, supervisors and management are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each function of their department
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings with staff to ensure employees are informed
- Ensure that staffing level requirements are met when both minimum and maximum occupancy levels dictate
- Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated hotel standards and the appropriate inspections are carried out on a consistent basis
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies that are to be corrected
- Maintain constant control over changes and variances in budget for payroll, staff, ordering of supplies according to changes in occupancy levels
- Ensure that an accurate inventory is completed at least twice a month pertaining to housekeeping amenities and supplies, standard guest room items, cleaning supplies, linen, etc.
- Work with engineering to ensure that all equipment within the guest rooms and all operational departments within the hotel are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program
- Has a flexible schedule that can work any shifts. Assists with staffing coverage in the instance of call-offs
- Must be well organized and have excellent supervision, communication, and oversight skills
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and fellow management team members
- Assists in the development of the annual marketing plan & budget by developing strategies to increase occupancy and revenue
- Adheres to all company Standard/Conduct policies and procedures
- Follows the company’s employee hand book for rules and regulations
- Ensure that all operations departments and employees comply, on a consistent basis, with all Fire Department Safety codes and OSHA guidelines
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming shift supervisor
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested
- Serve as Manager on Duty on a weekly, or as needed basis