|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage|
Newport, RI – The Line Cook reports to the Executive Chef or the Sous Chef in his absence. The purpose of this position is to produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. This position also preps food for daily menu items, buffets, and banquets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed vegetables and fruits; clean, cut, and grind meats, poultry, and seafood; Dip foods in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them; stir and strain soups, sauces, etc.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients
- Carry pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Prepare all orders as turned in by wait staff and ensure that all orders are cooked quickly and accurately
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation
- Must be able to visibly recognize “Condition” of food, and cooking temperatures
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality
- Prepare all food needed for next shift the following day as required and directed by supervisor
- Maintain the work area, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and equipment
- Maintain high standard of personal hygiene in compliance with state, county, and company policy
- Other Duties as assigned
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distant vision
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 20 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Stand for long periods of time
- Climb stairs up to 50 times per day of bi-level kitchen
- Lift or carry over 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours