|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Housekeeping|
Newport, RI – Housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel and providing customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner. This position is vital to the hotel’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, signage, and entrance.
- Clean and set-up meeting room functions.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators (including elevator tracks).
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area.
- Deliver housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Check and replenish supplies and cleaning tools.
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item.
- Turn in keys and pager to Housekeeping Department.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.