|Property||Hotel Indigo Tuscaloosa Downtown|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Food & Beverage, Management|
Tuscaloosa, Alabama- We are seeking a detail-oriented, reliable, and experienced restaurant/bar supervisor to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing all aspects of our restaurant/bar businesses. You will be expected to deliver a high-quality experience to our guests and motivate our staff to ensure excellent customer service. Supervisors will be responsible for maintaining quality and increasing profitability. Exceptional management skills and a strong understanding of customer service are a must.
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan and manage the Restaurant(s), Room Service and Lounge(s) in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the short term planning and managing the operations of the Restaurant(s), Room Service, and Lounge(s). Recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes. Prepares forecasts, implements, and monitors and controls the budgets for the various outlets.
- Train new servers & bartenders, and assist outlet managers with managing the Human Resources in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Create, recommend and manage the implementation of promotions, displays, buffet presentations and other ideas within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlets and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure a safe work environment.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Promotion to minimize occurrences of accidents.
- May assume the responsibilities of the Food & Beverage Manager in his/her absence.
- Perform special projects & other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years
- Working knowledge of standard drink recipes
- Working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- Understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishments
- Working knowledge of bar equipment
- Knowledge and education in mixology an advantage
- Numeracy and cash-handling skills
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods
- Be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds