Food & Beverage Utility Steward
|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2019|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage|
Sewanee, TN – As a Food and Beverage Utility Steward, you would be responsible for transporting and cleaning cooking utensils and serviceware in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Sweep and mop all floors in kitchens or in back of the house area
- Check and refill dispensers (soap, gloves, napkins, etc.)
- Maintain all dish machines (water, chemicals and cleanliness)
- Check garbage cans and change bags when needed or requested
- Provide equipment for kitchens, room service, banquets, restaurant and bars at all times
- Keep kitchens, dish area, walk-ins, halls and stairs swept and mopped when needed or requested
- Collect tarnished silverware and hand it in to your supervisor.
- When lifting & moving equipment, follow proper safety procedures. Ask for help if necessary.
- When attending to garbage, make sure to leave a clean area.
- Clean and empty dish machine, empty garbage cans and empty bottle crates all while leaving a clean area for the next employee
- Always check with your supervisor before leaving the premises.
- Double-check your schedule for the next day.
- Report unusual situations to your supervisor (leaks, broken items etc.).
- Clean walls, tiles and drains when needed or requested.
- All health and sanitation code requirements must be met at all times.
- Clean fridges and freezers when needed or requested.
- All glassware, chinaware, silverware and banquet equipment will be washed and stored only in assigned racks and shelving.
- Front of the house linen will never be used for any cleaning jobs. Only designated rags will be used.
- All spills will be cleaned as they happen, and “wet floor” sign will be posted to prevent accidents.
- Brooms and mops will always be put back to a designated area.
- All stewards are responsible for safe working conditions. Potentially unsafe situations or environments must be corrected or shown to your supervisor immediately.
- Specific dress requirements for working in public areas must be met at all times.
- Assist cooks in plating dishes or cleaning equipment when needed or requested
- Wipe down all counters and surfaces (shelves, tops, bottoms, posts, etc.)
- Kitchen steward/dishwashing experience preferred
- Ability to bend, stoop, walk and lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull/ up to 100 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work a full shift (8 hours) walking and standing with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive upbeat attitude / personality
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance