|Property||The Sewanee Inn|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2018|
|Job Type||Administrative, Customer Service, Front Desk|
Sewanee, TN – As a Guest Service Representative conducting Night Audit, you would be responsible for handling the responsibilities of the Guest Service Representative and Accounting duties. The Night Auditor oversees the auditing, posting, and balancing of the daily financial transactions to support the Hotel’s continuing efforts to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Through reconciling daily revenue and expenses, the Night Auditor ensures that guests are correctly billed and credit card transactions are accurately recorded. The Night Auditor is also responsible for greeting, registering, and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Audit, post, and balance daily cashiers work for Hotel
- Accurately post all room fees, related taxes, and other paid services including restaurant, lounge, internet, resort fees, and the like to each guest’s account daily
- Verify all account entries are balanced; notate and settle any discrepancies uncovered in audit to appropriately settle guest accounts.
- Ensure Hotel billing standards are followed and create financial reports that detail various aspects of the Hotel’s performance; ensure distributed to the appropriate departments
- Ensure credit card system reconciles to daily transaction lists
- Verify cash postings and verify cashier drops to ensure accurate
- Ensure daily turn of Hotel and paperwork associated with all transactions is compiled and organized as set forth by management
ADDITIONAL GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all guests in a pleasant and professional manner
- Completes the guest registration and check-out procedures
- Answers telephone, transfers calls, and takes messages when applicable
- Makes hotel reservations for guests, including changes and cancellations
- Follows proper credit card procedures
- Maintains accurate bank during shift and uses correct vouchers for specified transactions
- Responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely fashion
- Follow-up to ensure guest requests have been responded to appropriately and to guest satisfaction
- Understands hotel service and programs
- Knowledgeable of geographical area and points of interest
- Files appropriate paperwork as directed
- Ensure the front desk is adequately stocked of all supplies
- Understands hotel emergency procedures and evacuation protocols
- Collects payment for all guests at check-in and check-out. Makes changes as necessary
- Keeps Front Office and Lobby area near, clean, vacuumed, and dusted daily
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and fellow management team members.
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a Hotel or a related field preferred
- Significant attention to detail.
- Ability to operate front desk equipment: computer, switchboard, credit card machines, etc.
- Understanding of basic math skills
- Good verbal and guest interaction skills
- Collect money and issue change where applicable
- Ability to work as a cohesive team member – relaying information appropriately from shift to shift
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
- May be required to lift items up to 25 lbs.