2nd Shift Engineer
|Location||Lake Geneva, WI|
|Property||The Cove of Lake Geneva|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2019|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Maintenance|
Lake Geneva, WI – The 2nd Shift Engineer responds to guest requested maintenance items, completes general maintenance projects, completing applicable shift checklists and other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering and/or other management.
The objectives of this position are to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee morale, operational efficiency and cost controls, and ultimately ensuring the proper working order of the hotel and upscale appearance of all walls, carpets, floors, furniture and fixtures.
This position will regularly interact with guests and owners and must adhere to dress code and grooming standards.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the hotel and the need to exceed guest’s expectations, it may be necessary for you to perform many distinct functions not specifically related to your position. Employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance in guest rooms and provide services according to the hotel’s standards
- Adhere to all standards, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office
- Respond to work ticket entries with sense of urgency and complete each thoroughly
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in the guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
- Ensure security of any assigned keys
- Maintain a positive relationship with the guests
- Maintain consistent communication between all departments
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition
- Maintain an elevated level of cleanliness and safety in all work areas
- Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Assist in other departments when necessary
- Ensure immediate response is given to all guests’ comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Maintain an elevated level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Hotel’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of distinct functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed.
- One-year related experience in the hospitality industry at an establishment with similar standards and quality is preferred
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility