|Property||Inn at Carnall Hall|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2017|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage|
Fayetteville, AR – The Pastry Cook reports to the Pastry Chef. In their absence, the Executive Chef or the Sous Chef. The purpose of this position is to produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. This position also preps food for daily menu items, buffets, and banquets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare baked goods and desserts based upon daily consumption and banquet events.
- Weigh and measure designated ingredients
- Carry pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Rearrange the pastry department to accommodate all needs for the day’s production.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation
- Must be able to visibly recognize “Condition” of food, and cooking temperatures
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality
- Prepare all food needed for next shift the following day as required and directed by supervisor
- Maintain the work area, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and equipment
- Sweeps and mops floor once per shift
- Maintain high standard of personal hygiene in compliance with state, county, and company policy
- Other Duties as assigned
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standard food preparation techniques
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision
- Understands regulations of state, county and company policies
- Use Mathematics to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials
- Read recipes of items to be prepared
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 months cooking experience at a full service hotel or restaurant
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distant vision
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 20 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Stand for long periods of time
- Climb stairs up to 50 times per day of bi-level kitchen
- Lift or carry over 50 lbs.
- Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
- Work in extreme cold (non-weather)
- Work in extreme heat (non-weather)
- Work near moving or mechanical parts
- Work near toxic or caustic materials
- Work near risk of electrical shock
- Work near loud noises