Marketing Strategy Manager
|Date Posted||August 31, 2016|
|Job Type||Corporate Position, Sales and Marketing|
Charleston, SC – Marketing Strategy Manager
Does driving $160 million in business across multiple channels with varied stakeholders, brand guidelines, strategic challenges and competitive landscape sound like something you are ready to tackle? Growing over 20% each year, Charlestowne Hotels’ approach to hotel management is a blend of exceptional guest experiences and a laser focus on digital marketing and revenue.
Leading internal innovation, the marketing team is a dynamic group of professionals that execute best practices but yet are unafraid to test new tactics or technologies. This approach places our national collection of hotels ahead of the competition; growing our revenues beyond industry averages.
The Marketing Strategy Manager is the driving force behind the strategic planning of inspiring and effective marketing initiatives for a portfolio of assets. The position affords a unique opportunity to flex both creative and analytical lines of thinking to holistically develop captivating marketing campaigns that leverage a wide array of digital channels and mediums for as many as eight properties. This strategic approach will push the envelope of marketing technologies to tactically target specific business objectives and assist in meeting revenue goals of each asset.
The Marketing Strategy Manager works in tandem with a dedicated Marketing Project Specialist to effectively oversee the implementation and execution of these strategies. The position communicates directly with the executive team, asset owners and on site general managers. The Marketing Strategy Manager balances multiple marketing needs arising from the asset alongside other larger, ongoing, campaigns at other hotels. The position requires a nimbleness and attention to detail to effectively lead and focus team priorities while expertly communicating timelines and expectations to stakeholders.
- Annual marketing and action plan development based on seasonality month and segment
- Annual marketing budget development in coordination with marketing/action plan
- Evaluate reactive needs/strategic requests
- Support on problematic/distressed properties
- Asset onboarding and offboarding
- System integration/support
- Client marketing satisfaction and management
- Aid in the formation of marketing plans, media plans, programs and strategy
- Oversee and direct the implementation and execution of marketing strategies
- Keep clients aware of outside sources and services that may be useful in benefiting assets most effectively
- Keep clients aware of new and significant developments in all areas covered by the Marketing Department
- Keep the Director of Marketing Strategy and Vice President of Marketing informed of client activities and challenges
- Handle special projects that may be assigned outside the scope of daily work
- Oversee and manage Marketing Production Specialist
- Liaise between internal departments, vendors and clients
- Aid and participate in maintaining positive and effective relationships with clients
- Aid and participate in keeping clients aware of the scope, depth, and effectiveness of the total services rendered by the Marketing Department
- Prepare monthly marketing reports
Skills and Attributes:
- Creative thinker, able to generate new ideas
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit portfolio assets
- Ability to communicate a clear sense of strategy and purpose to departments, vendors and clients
- Posses nimbleness with changing client objectives
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage by example
- Financial skills, able to budget and to manage expenditures
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workloads
- Technical proficiency and understanding of industry related systems, marketing platforms and related tools such as but not limited to: property management systems, internet booking engines, CRM, CMS, analytics, paid media, social media, and email marketing
- Proficient in Google Apps/Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Suites and project management software
- Attention to detail
May be required to travel for business purposes up to 20% of the time
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field
Minimum of six (6) years related experience
Travel/hotel industry experience preferred
About Charlestowne Hotels
Charlestowne Hotels is a leading full-service hospitality management company employing over 2,000 team members and hospitality professionals. Headquartered in Charleston, SC, consistently ranked a top city in the world by prominent travel publication, our portfolio of over 40 properties in 11 states includes some of the best hotels in the world, as well as award-winning restaurants and bars.
Our drive for excellence has resulted in such recognition as Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for “Top City Hotels in the Continental U.S.” & “Top 100 Best Hotels in the World,” Condé Nast Traveler’s “Gold List” & “Reader’s Choice Awards,” and TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice “Best Hotels in the U.S.” & “Top 25 Hotels for Service – U.S.”
Our team takes an innovative and driven approach to providing measurable success at our properties while delivering a service-first culture and commitment to exceeding guest expectations. We’re building something special here, and want you to be part of it. Will you join us?