|Property||The Spectator Hotel|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2016|
The Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains facility buildings and equipment. Responsibilities of repairs would include building and room renovation, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, electrical, and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary, must have flexible schedule (including weekends and holidays), and be available on-call for emergency situations.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders and night report for any problems.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Perform electrical work orders: a) Replace light switches. b) Reset circuit breakers. c) Replace wall plug receptacles. d) Replace fluorescent light ballast. e) Replace electrical solenoid valve. f) Replace small motors. g) Use test equipment; multimeter, voltage tester, amp probe.
- Perform plumbing work orders: a) Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals and drain lines. b) Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, solenoid valves. c) Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, toilet seals. d) Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron and pipe hangers.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders: a) Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment. b) Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment. c) Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List. d) Change air-conditioning filters every month. e) Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary. f) Change or repair locks as needed. g) Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory.
- Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
- Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work.
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Experience in Maintenance Engineering and basic carpentry.
- Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
$12 to $16 an hour depending on experience + full benefits (medical, vision, dental, short & long term disability)