|Date Posted||December 11, 2017|
Charleston, SC – This position is responsible to ensure cleanliness through the HarbourView Inn (“hotel”) including guest rooms, public areas, back of the house, exterior public spaces (walkways, etc.), linen and uniforms. This position will follow the policies, standards and guidelines established by the HarbourView Inn. This position is to exceed the expectations of the hotel’s guest by providing a multitude of service related tasks, not limited to, but set forth in procedures, training manuals and guidelines. The needs to be fulfilled and the duties to be performed by the person holding this position require that the individual be “hands on”; therefore, the schedule will be set accordingly. The objectives of this position are to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee morale, operational efficiency and cost controls.
Please note, Room Attendants have a very visible role on the team. The person having this position must comply with HarbourView Inn’s dress code policies, possess effective communication skills, can resolve conflict and have a thorough understanding of the HarbourView Inn’s policies, procedures and expectations. Based upon fluctuating demands of the hotel and the need to exceed guest’s expectations, it may be necessary for you to perform many distinct functions not specifically related to your position. Employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Housekeeper’s principal duties are to clean the guest rooms and bathrooms in a timely manner and in accordance with the hotel’s standards.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance in guest rooms and provide services according to the hotel’s standards
- Adhere to all standards, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instructions
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
- Notify Executive Housekeeper and/or immediate supervisor about any guest rooms that need to be placed out of order for maintenance concerns
- Responsible for cleaning the guest rooms, public spaces and back of the house daily
- Continually maintain inventory of linens, cleaning supplies and guest amenities on carts
- Report and correct any deficiencies noted in the guest rooms or public areas to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in the timely completion of all projects including window washing, deep cleaning, ceiling fans, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the guests
- Maintain consisted communication between all departments
- Promote and encourage guest name recognition always
- Maintain an elevated level of cleanliness and safety in the work areas
- Keep abreast of safety and OSHA requirements
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures
- Attend all relevant meetings
- Assist in housekeeping and laundry when necessary
- Provide excellent services consistent with the expectations of a 5-diamond hotel
- Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guests’ comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Maintain an elevated level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Hotel’s operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of distinct functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed.
One-year related experience in the hospitality industry at an establishment with similar standards and quality is preferred.
Less than a high school education is acceptable.
Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility.
Budget Control Responsibilities
Responsible for maintaining par levels for bed and bath linens as well as guest amenities.
Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues.
Ensure that all security policies for the hotel and the guests are strictly adhered to.
Ensure that all vehicle keys and luggage are kept safe and undamaged.
A minimum of eight (8) hours of training will be provided by the hotel each year.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions as well as standard operating procedures
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before employees and guests
- Ability to create documents in Excel and Word
Working Conditions and Environment
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate
- The person having this position may have to lift up to 50lbs daily
- The person having this position will have to stand for approximately eight (8) hours a day
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position – reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions